The actual tenor of this challenge will differ for each organization. Common errors include:
- creating a strategy in isolation (no feedback from customers or employees),
- over-focusing on dreams without making any real commitments,
- having gaps in talent or leadership,
- disregarding one’s own identity as an organization and its current strengths,
- a lack of consequences for not living up to promises,
- and/or not being able to adapt to new circumstances.
Test your readiness for strategy execution
At InContext we discuss three common enablers with executives and senior leaders. These enablers are Tell, Rhythm and Adaptability. Put together, these three elements create a foundation for clients in relation to who they are, and what they need to focus on.
These enablers are crucial for successful strategy implementation - as it is often these that promote success, rather than the excellence of the strategy.