Changing mindsets and adapting to new values
Agile working makes you more effective and more innovative. You get shorter time-to-market and become more adaptable to change.
Agile working means fast development and continuous flow. Based on short customer feedback loops, you can adapt and deliver products that are fit for purpose and focus on added value. To top that, you increase productivity, creativity and happiness.
People and multidisciplinary teams
The successes of companies such as Google, Netflix, Zappos and Spotify make Agile even more appealing and of interest. These companies are organized in an Agile way and are all well-known for their innovative organization and collaborative culture.
InContext can help you to get the best out of your people and squads and guide leaders and multidisciplinary teams. Our approach focuses on changing mindsets and experiencing the Agile way of working. Changing mindsets and adapting to new values are vital as you move towards an Agile organizational culture.
What to expect?
Mindset & values
Your ability to change mindsets and behaviors is crucial for a successful Agile transformation. Is your organization ready to change its habits and culture? Mindset change is the most difficult and least tangible part of the transformation.
InContext supports you in organizational culture change programs, focusing on determining purpose and enabling your people to be the best they can be.
We help you to determine your focus, set your direction and establish your core purpose. We help you develop great leadership by modelling new behaviors, and by introducing a culture of asking questions, encouraging feedback as well as continuous learning and enhanced development.
Principles and Practices
We help individuals in your organization understand the Agile principles and practices.
What are your key Agile principles? Have you already determined them, or are the Manifesto, Kanban, Lean, DevOps and Holacracy a potential source of inspiration? Do you already have a tailored Agile way of working and toolbox with interventions or is there still something more you could add?
InContext supports you in developing and delivering a set of interventions. From discussing the historic development of Agile/Lean, to experiencing key practices and developing your own Manifesto. We can help you build your own wat of working, identifying critical focus areas in your Agile transformation.
Tools and Processes
Tools and Processes are the most tangible starting point. Are you already raising Agile awareness in your organization? If not, get your multidisciplinary teams to experience a new way of working, beginning with simple formats.
InContext can support you in raising the awareness of Agile for teams and leaders via an inspirational Game: the Agile Explorer Game (2-day experience).
- Stimulate the required mindset and behavioral change.
- Apply tools such as the backlog, sprint boards, sprint planning, client demos and retrospectives.
- Experience sprints, self-organizing multidisciplinary teams. Write user stories, plan & prioritize and focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides clarity on what they can expect and is required when you start to work in an Agile way (e.g. team dynamics and new roles)
InContext helps you create an Agile workforce consisting of autonomous multidisciplinary teams and leaders who create direction and alignment. We focus on six simple indicators of Agile working: purpose, speed, quality, fun, speak-up and collaboration.
Autonomous people and multidisciplinary teams: delivering maximum added value by taking ownership.
- Purpose: understand how to add value for your customer.
- Speed: continuously deliver value in increments and adapt to client feedback.
- Quality: focus on learning from failures and reflecting on what and how to improve.
- Fun: focus on motivation and fun.
- Speak up: challenge each other, ask questions and share knowledge.
- Collaboration: take responsibility for the end-to-end process.
Leaders building alignment by providing direction and a higher purpose.
- Purpose: set overall direction and values and create inspirational stories.
- Speed: enable people by providing tools & resources and remove blockers.
- Quality: display role model behavior and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Fun: make room for inspiration and accommodate “free time”.
- Speak up: ask for feedback, ask questions and provide support in tough moments.
- Collaboration: be helpful and reflect on performance and client feedback.